Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mexican Potatoes

Jackson found a recipe in an Everyday Food magazine and asked me to make it. I made it yesterday before work so he had dinner when he got home and I had something to take with me. If you work crazy hours sometimes you have to get creative and cook before you go to work. It prevents you from eating out which is often expensive and not so healthy.  I changed the recipe a bit. This was our main course but you could do it as a side dish too. 


Ingredients
Potatoes cut up into bite size pieces ( I  used a bag of the little baby reds. The recipe called for Yukon Gold.)
1 onion - cut into small slices
1 red bell pepper - chopped 
5 cloves of garlic - chopped
Red Pepper Flakes
Cumin
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Lime Juice
Cilantro - chopped
Olive Oil Mist



I boiled the potatoes for a few minutes to soften them a bit. I lightly misted a skillet and turned it on high heat. I added the onions and garlic and a little water to saute for a few minutes.I drained the potatoes and added them to the skillet with the spices and pepper flakes and a little more water. I turned the heat down a bit and stirred frequently. Then towards the end I added the chopped red bell pepper and the lime juice. Once everything was done I turned off the heat and added the cilantro at the end and stirred everything one last time. This turned out delicious!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment