Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dinner out with the girls!

Last night I went to dinner with some great girlfriends who I have not seen in a long time. I knew we were going to The Outback so I decided to do some research before dinner so I was prepared with healthy options. Needless to say The Outback is a steakhouse. But they have a lot of seafood entrees. I found the section of meals under 500 calories. But you can't be sure of how the meal is prepared. When you are going out to eat and you don't want to be overloaded with fat and calories ask questions. When the waiter asked if we had any questions my first one was if the steamed veggies are cooked in butter. Answer: Yes. Second question was if the side salad has cheese on it. Answer: Yes. And then I was ready to order. I had the grilled Mahi Mahi that was topped with artichoke hearts and sun dried tomato and I asked for it to be without the sauce (full of butter) with the steamed veggies on the side no butter. A side salad with no cheese and lemon wedges instead of dressing. There light salad dressing option was a french dressing that was fat free but full of sugar. I had a wonderful time with the girls and I didn't have to worry about eating something that was unhealthy or unwanted. It was a delicious meal out with friends, guilt and worry free! So it is possible to dine out and dine healthy. Plan a head a bit. Google the restaurant's menu and then don't be afraid to ask questions. Our waiter was awesome and very understanding of my requests! 


Can't wait for the next girls night out for dinner!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment