Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A way to a man's heart....

They say a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Maybe that is why J man loves me, ha ha. I fill his belly with yummy and healthy food. I am working mid shift and later hours so we are both trying to share the cooking load throughout the week. I made him dinner this morning for tonight. J man could eat taco salads every day of the week. So I made him taco salads Vegan Style. When he comes home tonight all he has to do is put the shredded lettuce on a plate, heat up the "taco" ingredients, top with some salsa and some vegan cheese and he is ready to eat. I also made him a salad for lunch. The thing with living Eat to Live is that you have to spend a little bit of time prepping and planning. But if you dedicate a few minutes to doing that then you can save yourself a lot of headache and calories, etc. in the long run. He looks so amazing. He has always looked amazing but each day I see more and more changes. I see them in me too but I think we are more self critical and I don't notice the changes in me as much as he does. Except for the clothes. I spent all day yesterday hiking up my pants so I wouldn't moon anyone, ha ha. OK. Back to the food. Here is the recipe!


Taco Ingredients


2 cans of black beans rinsed and drained
Green peppers - chopped
Baby bell peppers - chopped
3/4 onion - chopped
1 small can of fire roasted green chiles (I used the hot ones)
Ground Cumin 
Garlic Salt
Chipotle Lime Seasoning (optional but if you can add it to your spice cabinet you will be happy. We got ours at Honeyville Grain)


Salad Ingredients
Shredded Lettuce
Cheese (vegan or real, up to you!)
Salsa





Water saute
Smells awesome!
I pammed a pan and added the chopped onion. I cooked them on high heat for about a minute then added water to water saute them. This is the best way to saute veggies without oil. It is awesome! Once the onions were getting translucent I added all of the peppers and green chiles. Then I added the seasonings and more water as it cooked. I added the beans last and a bit more water. Let it simmer for a few minutes. And that is it. Serve it over the lettuce and top with salsa, cheese, etc. Yummy and super easy!


Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment