Thursday, March 1, 2012

Curry-licious vegetable stew

I am way behind on my recipe blogging! I am a busy bee! But I have had a little bit of time to create some yummy and healthy dishes. I made this curry vegetable stew on Saturday. It was super easy. It is vegan but you can always add meat, chicken, dairy milk etc. My husband did a great job with the prep work. He helped me chop and dice. Having a helper makes cooking easy and more fun! A lot of people had told me that embracing the Eat to Live lifestyle seems like a lot of work. I cooked all the time regardless so for me it isn't a whole lot different. I am just cooking differently. We also have to plan ahead a bit. Eating out is a little different because we have to plan that out too where as before we could just go and we wouldn't think about what we were going to order. But I am getting off track. You want to know about curry vegetable stew! So here is the recipe.


Ingredients (add as much as you want depending on how big of a stew you want)


baby carrots
zucchini - sliced thin
eggplant - chopped in small pieces
mushrooms - sliced
baby bell peppers - chopped
onion - chopped
garlic - minced
couple potatoes - baked in microwave then chopped
celery - chopped
corn
garbanzo beans (1 can rinsed and drained)
carrot juice
almond milk
curry powder
garlic salt
red pepper flakes (if you want heat)
mint
cilantro
slivered almonds for garnish
olive oil


Carrot juice carried at most stores
sauteeing onions and garlic

I used a big pot for this. I added a little bit of olive oil (about 1 tbsp) and sauteed my onions and garlic and added a bit of water so they wouldn't cook too quickly and burn. Then I added the rest of the vegetables (except the potatoes), the beans, herbs, seasonings, carrot juice and almond milk.I cooked on medium high heat stirring often. I added the potatoes towards the end. We garnished with slivered almonds. It was fantastic. We had enough leftovers for lunch/dinner for a few days!




Yummmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment