Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chili with a twist. And a kick!

OK. This is my last catch up blog. Then I will try to be better at blogging the day I make the meal. Promise! Tuesday morning before work I made dinner. Jackson had mentioned seeing a black bean chili with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce on Pinterest. I am not on Pinterest but I searched for the recipe he was talking about. I decided to use black beans and chipotle peppers but wing the rest. It turned out spectacularly. I am tooting my own horn on this one!!! It was smoky and flavorful. It was so filling yet so healthy. And it was H-O-T! So if you don't like heat then leave out the chipotle peppers. But if you love heat then don't forget them! It was perfect for the weather we have been having. I can't wait to make it for the early spring camping trips! It was super easy. I came up with my plan, chopped, cooked and it was done in about 30 minutes! Easy peasy!


Ingredients


2 cans black beans - rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans - rinsed and drained
1 can corn - rinsed and drained
3/4 red onion chopped 
4 cloves of garlic diced
baby bell peppers chopped
1 small can of Chipotle Peppers chopped (don't rinse them, make sure to put the sauce in the chili)
1/2 jar of roasted red peppers
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
garlic salt
chipotle lime seasoning
drizzle of olive oil


Garnish
Diced avocado
diced red onion
In a big pot drizzle just a tad of olive oil and put on high heat. Add the red onion and garlic and a little water to prevent from burning. Let simmer for a minute or two (stirring) and add the tomatoes, sauce and seasonings. Stir and add the rest of the ingredients. Let cook on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes. Stir frequently. Serve with avocado and red onion on top. Delicioso!!!
Spicy, smoky chili!

Roasted Red Peppers


Chipotle Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment